Resolver Group Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
For the purpose of, the Data Protection Act 2018, and the GDPR, the data controller is Resolver Group Limited.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is The Data Guardians Ltd.
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on www.resolver.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, our apps, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, create a Resolver Email Service account or use our suggestions service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, photograph and information about you.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site or our apps we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Online job applications
It is possible for you to apply for vacant positions online on our website. The personal data provided in this context is only used for the application process. You are not legally or contractually required to provide personal data for the application process. However, please note that we cannot process your application unless your personal data is provided.
The data concerning your application will be stored for 6 months post recruitment campaign and then it will be deleted. This does not apply if you have expressly consented to having your data saved in the Resolver applicant pool, or if an employment relationship is established due to your application. In this case, the data from your job application will be processed in the context of your employment relationship.
Legal basis for Processing
The lawful reason we use to process your personal data may differ for each processing activity.
- The personal information that we collect so that we can provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, is processed under Legitimate Interest. This means that it is in the interests of both the data subject and Resolver to process the data, i.e. so that the complaint can be lodged and resolved. We have conducted a balancing test to ensure that Resolver’s interest do not outweigh those of the data subject.
- All business communications, including direct marketing, will be processed under legitimate interest.
- All employment applications are processed under Article 88 of the GDPR.
- All successful employment applications will be processed under contract.
How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information in line with our data retention policy. In certain circumstances we have a statutory obligation to keep your personal information for a set period of time, for example financial information (normally 6-7 years) for financial auditing purposes. Unsucessful job applications will be retained for 6 months after which the personal data will be deleted. If you require more information about our retention periods then please contact us via the Help Centre.
We may use the following Google Analytics features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
You may opt-out of the Google Analytics features we use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or via the browser extension provided by Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information relating to products, services and switching product/service providers that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to send you our regular newsletter if you opt to receive this
- to provide you with information about other goods and/or services we may offer in the future that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer