Resolver surpasses 3 million complaint case files
Resolver recently announced a landmark achievement in surpassing 3 million complaint case files since 2014.
Resolver founder and Group CEO, James Walker was delighted with the achievement but is by no means ready to rest on our laurels.
"It's extraordinary to think that Resolver has helped sort out over three million complaints in just a short period of time.
When Resolver began, it was clear that the trust between people and businesses was severely damaged across all sectors.
Now we're finally starting to see signs that some businesses are seeing the value in learning from the complaints they receive and not dismissing them - but there's still a long way to go."
Since the launch of our free to use consumer complaints platform, Resolver's data in the area of consumer complaints has grown exponentially enabling our Data Science and Research team the detailed information required to support businesses by delving deep into their complaints. This has helped them to improve their customers' experience, identify areas of concern and increase efficiency. All of which have helped grow trust between the business and the consumer.
Top 10 most complained about products and services to Resolver
- PPI - 1,224,041
- Flight delays - 410,559
- Packaged bank accounts - 239,833
- High street shopping - 179,575
- Online shopping - 179,227
- Dining and eating out - 79,802
- Mobile phones - 56,438
- Takeaways and delivery - 52,996
- Broadband - 39,567
- Travel agents - 30,975
James Walker adds that insight from Resolver’s users suggests 2019 will bring a fundamental change in the subjects people will make complaints about.
"As problems with PPI and packaged bank accounts begin to decline, the signs suggest that new areas of complaint are concerning people. Our users are telling us they're worried about their data being hacked and misused. They're sick of being ripped off when contracts for goods or services renew and they are concerned their consumer rights aren't protected across huge sectors, from retail to holiday companies. Now we're finally starting to see signs that some businesses are seeing the value in learning from the complaints they receive and not dismissing them - but there's still a long way to go."
A few key facts about Resolver
- Over 2.4 million people are registered users of Resolver in the UK.
- We work with over 38,000 individual businesses to get complaints resolved quickly and effectively.
- Over 150 products and services regularly featuring in our complaints tables, from takeaways to TV streaming services
- Over 1 million people visit our consumer website every month for tips on making complaints, avoiding common problems and using our plain English guides to rights and resolutions.
- Resolver are expanding globally with Resolver Canada and Resolver India coming online in 2019.