As the UK’s most trusted free complaints website, Resolver works hard to champion better outcomes for everyone with fast, jargon-free issue resolution. We work across the consumer marketplace, providing advice and tooling to businesses, regulators, governments and their customers.
We’re looking for a Ruby Developer to join our Consumer Engineering Team, working on our flagship product Resolver.co.uk.
After having recently undertaken a large project focussed on addressing technical debt, we’re now looking to the future, with a bold roadmap in the works.
This role will involve technical ownership of the team and codebase, while responsible for working closely with other teams.
This role will see you working with different, multidisciplinary teams and multiple stakeholders to:
– Work closely with other teams to innovate and build new features from agreed requests across the company. We use the Shape Up method of planning our time and organising our work. We work in 6-week cycles, giving us room to make real, meaningful changes to the product with each iteration.
– Help shape the product feature set and technology decisions.
– Support and maintain the existing suite of apps, including improving test coverage, documentation and technical debt reduction.
– Support the Engineering Team in their continual improvement
– Report to the Lead Developer
You should apply if:
– You have an interest and passion in championing consumer rights and effective issue resolution
– You want to be involved in building a product that has assisted in resolving millions of individual issues for thousands of people.
– You want to help a team of developers advance in their day-to-day work and careers
– You’re happy to pick up existing apps and code and make them better
– You’re comfortable with a start-up environment and fast-paced change
You should have:
– Strong Ruby skills, particularly with Rails
– Experience of database technologies (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
– A good knowledge of AWS (nice to have).
– Experience of using Git for source control.
– Experience of software development best practices such as pairing and peer code review.
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
– Fluency in English and the ability to work in the UK without sponsorship. Remote work is fine, as long as you are based in the UK.
We will offer you:
– A chance make a real difference in an autonomous team, in a role that can be adapted to you
– A competitive salary with an annual bonus
– Pension scheme*
– Private healthcare*
– A creative and relaxed working environment
– Smart and collaborative colleagues
* Pension scheme and private healthcare are available after the completion of your probationary period.
The Interview Process
Our interview process consists of:
– A 30 minute informal phone chat with our CTO to talk about Resolver, your background and experience
– A small coding project of 2-3 hours for you to complete at home in your own time
– A video interview of 2-3 hours consisting of a pair programming exercise (based on your coding task), a technical interview and a non-technical interview
There are no brain teasers, trick questions or whiteboard coding exercises!