Back to all jobs
Resolver London Bridge
As the UK’s most trusted free complaints website, Resolver works hard to champion better outcomes for everyone with fast, jargon-free issue resolution. We work across the consumer marketplace, providing advice and tooling to businesses, regulators, governments and their customers.
People are at the heart of our business and our employees are no exception. Everyone at Resolver is unique and we foster a collaborative open culture, where you can bring the very best of yourself to work each day.
We’re looking for a Lead Developer to join our Consumer Engineering Team, working on our flagship product Resolver.co.uk.
After having recently undertaken a large project focussed on addressing technical debt, we’re now looking to the future, with a bold roadmap in the works.
This role will involve technical ownership of the team and codebase, while responsible for working closely with the Product Manager and wider business.
This role will see you working with different, multidisciplinary teams and multiple stakeholders to:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to innovate and build new features from agreed requests across the company
- Support and maintain the existing suite of apps, including improving test coverage, documentation and technical debt reduction
- Support the Engineering Team in their continual improvement
- Report to the CTO
You should apply if:
- You have an interest and passion in championing consumer rights and effective issue resolution
- You want to be involved in building a product that has assisted in resolving millions of individual issues for thousands of people
- You want to help a team of developers advance in their day-to-day work and careers
- You’re happy to pick up existing apps and code and make them better
- You’re comfortable with a start-up environment and fast-paced change
You should have:
- Strong Ruby skills, particularly with Rails
- Experience of database technologies (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- A good knowledge of AWS
- Experience of using Git for source control
- Experience of software development best practices such as pairing, QA and peer code review
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Fluency in English and the ability to work in the UK without sponsorship
We will offer you:
- A chance to lead a team with autonomy, in a role that can be adapted to you
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus
- A matched-contribution pension scheme*
- Private healthcare*
- Office perks such as weekly yoga sessions, payday pizza, monthly birthday brunches and fruit boxes**
- A creative and relaxed working environment in a beautiful open-plan office**
- Smart and collaborative colleagues
- The opportunity to work remotely (agreed with your team depending on requirements)**
* Pension scheme and private healthcare are available after the completion of your probationary period
** Obviously affected by lockdown
The interview Process
Our interview process consists of:
- A 30 minute informal phone chat with our CTO to talk about Resolver, your background and experience
- A small coding project of 2-3 hours for you to complete at home in your own time
- A video interview of 2-3 hours consisting of a pair programming exercise (based on your coding task), a technical interview and a non-technical interview
There are no brain teasers, trick questions or whiteboard coding exercises!
Our wider Engineering team has a relatively new blog where you can find out a little more about the team. Interested in working for Resolver? Apply now. No agencies.