Back to all jobs
Resolver London Bridge
As the UK’s most trusted free complaints website, Resolver works hard to find the right resolution for everyone with fast, jargon-free issue resolution. We work across the consumer marketplace, providing advice to and tools for businesses, regulators, governments and their customers.
People are at the heart of our business and our employees are no exception. Everyone at Resolver is unique and we foster a collaborative open culture, where you can bring the very best of yourself to work each day.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to work across four key teams in the business, both B2B and B2C, with a range of technologies and products. The ideal candidate will be able to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each team.
Databases from different teams are ingested and transformed into a central data warehouse for consumption and analytics. The current database stack includes MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Snowflake. We use Looker for our BI tooling, querying against a Snowflake data warehouse. Our backend infrastructure is built in AWS.
This role will see you:
- Take responsibility for data modelling and database design across the business.
- Develop and maintain existing ETL transform processes.
- Work with various teams of developers (Ruby) and data engineers (Python) to implement improvements.
- Make recommendations for improvements in approach and technologies.
You should apply if:
- You have an interest and passion in championing consumer rights and effective issue resolution.
- You want to be involved in building a product that has assisted in resolving millions of individual issues for thousands of people.
- You’re keen to learn about technologies you may not have used before.
- You’re happy to pick up existing apps and code and make them better.
- You’re comfortable with taking ownership and operating in an environment of fast-paced change.
You should have:
- Preferably 3+ years experience in a relevant role.
- Excellent understanding of data warehouse methodologies, data modelling and associated best practices.
- Excellent SQL (ideally some experience with LookML).
- Experience of developing ETL processes in python.
- Deep understanding of at least two technologies above.
- Prioritisation skills, based on technological impact and client needs.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and the ability to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Experience of all the technology mentioned above is desirable, but not at all essential
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus.
- A matched-contribution pension scheme*.
- Private healthcare*.
- A creative and relaxed working environment in a beautiful open-plan office**.
- Smart and collaborative colleagues.
* Pension scheme and private healthcare are available after the completion of a three month probationary period.
** Affected by covid-19
The Interview Process
Our interview process consists of:
- A 30-minute informal phone chat with our Data team lead or CTO to talk about Resolver, your background and experience.
- A small project of 2-3 hours for you to complete at home in your own time.
- An on-site (remote in the current climate) interview of 2-3 hours, consisting of a pair exercise (based on your task), a technical interview and a non-technical interview.
There are no brain teasers, trick questions or whiteboard coding exercises!
Interested in working for Resolver? Apply now. No agencies.